Experienced Provider of Cold Storage and Food Distribution
Southeast Food Distribution offers cold storage and logistical services to the food industry in the southeastern United States. The service is offered through Southeast Cold Storage, a business unit of Southeast Food Distribution— a wholesale distributor serving the food industry for over 25 years. The company has extensive experience in frozen food storage and handling for large supermarkets chains and distributors.
Six Food-Grade Refrigerated Warehouses in the Southeast
Southeast Food Distribution operates six separate refrigerated warehouses covering the southeastern United States. They provide food-grade facilities for dry and cold storage. All the warehouses are fully racked.
Each warehouse has storage rooms at a variety of temperatures to meet the storage needs of food manufacturers, distributors and retailers. Our warehouses have rooms from -20 degrees to ambient. The entire warehouse facility including the dock areas are designed to keep food products at the appropriate temperatures and backup generators are available in case of power failure.
At our refrigerated and frozen warehouses we regularly store ice cream, fish, shrimp, crawfish, seafood, turkeys, other poultry and other frozen, refrigerated and dry food products.
Services for Export, Import, Storage, Selection and Delivery
We can assist you with importing, exporting and local storage and delivery. Our distribution centers are very well located for exporting and importing.
We can also help you with logistics — handling both inbound an outbound goods. We offer all types of selection that you might need: case pick, layer pick and full pallet. We can create store-ready pallets or any specially configured pallets you require.
State of the Art Warehouse Management and Electronic Order Systems
All of the inventory in our warehouses is tracked with a sophisticated Warehouse Management System. All cases are bar-code, date-coded and tracked and are handle on a FIFO basis — strict date code rotation is enforced.
For accurate and fast communications, we support all standard EDI Transactions Sets. We can take orders via FTP, email, Telxon or phone. We can also assist in order taking from your customers.
Extensive Trucking Network Available for Delivery
If you need assistance with delivery, we have a trucking network for delivery in the region of each of our facilities.
Five Cold Storage and Distribution Locations
- The Miami, Florida facility is located off of I-95 and the Florida Turnpike. It is conveniently situated between Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale and the Port of Miami. This facility is also only 20 minutes from two major airports: Ft. Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport and Miami International Airport.
- The Cordele, Georgia cold storage facility is just south of Atlanta.
- The Gaston, South Carolina cold storage and distribution center is near Columbia, SC and was constructed in 1999. This facility also has blast freezers.
- The New Orleans, Louisiana cold storage and distribution center is in Destrehan, a suburb of New Orleans. It is right off of I-310 and Highway 48. There is easy access to Port of New Orleans and Port of South Louisiana.
- The Sandston, Virginia is one of Southeast Food Distribution’s newest facilities located in Sandston, Virginia, just outside of Richmond. This state of the art refrigerated warehouse is conveniently located off I-95. The facility spans over 115,000 square feet. It has approximately 6,500 pallet positions and 24 dock doors.
Extremely Flexible: Will Meet Your Needs
We have experience with both small and large accounts; we are extremely flexible and can meet your specific needs. If you are a retailer who needs more capacity or a manufacturer who needs more space, we can help you.